If something has just happened on campus to you or someone you know:
- Get to a safe place if you are able.
- Call Ara Security on 027 540 8076 (City campus) or 027 459 7899 (Timaru campus) or through one of the Help desks stationed around campus on 0800 242476. Ara Security will take the appropriate steps to ensure your safety and access to support.
- If you don't feel comfortable calling Ara Security, consider calling someone you know and trust or the Police (dial 111) so that they can help you make the next step.
We want you to feel safe and confident to speak up and to be heard. There are both formal and informal ways to do this.
- For information on the formal complaints process, please visit here.
- For information on informal anonymous reporting, please visit here.
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing Reporting: Safety and Wellbeing Reporting SafePlace. An accurate report needs to be completed as soon as possible, but within 48 hours for any incidents, or near misses involving Ara staff, students, visitors, or contractors.
For more information on the following topics click on the links below: