Web browser support
We aim to be web browser and operating system neutral. Due to differences between the web browsers used, our website may render slightly differently on different platforms but the differences should be cosmetic. We would be disappointed if our website doesn’t work with your web browser, but we haven’t been able to test every combination of web browser and operating system. So please let us know if you cannot access a feature of our website.
We encourage you to use the latest version of your preferred web browser; not only to provide you with the best possible experience on our website and others but, more importantly, so that you can enjoy a safe browsing experience. Using the latest web browser will significantly reduce the chances of your computer becoming infected with malware and the possibility of your personal information being compromised.
If you use a modern web browser, it probably has a ‘magnify’ function to make reading the page easier.
- Internet Explorer from v5.5: Select the 'View' menu, then 'Text Size', and then your chosen size (or if you have a mouse wheel simply hold down CTRL and roll the mouse wheel to alter the text size).
- Firefox from v1.0: Select the 'View' menu, then 'Text Size', and then select decrease or increase. Alternatively select CTRL + + or CTRL + -. If you have a mouse wheel, simply hold down CTRL and roll the mouse wheel to alter the text size.
- Opera from v7.0: Select the 'View' menu, then 'Zoom', and then select the percentage increase or decrease you require. Alternatively select CTRL + + or CTRL + -.
- Safari from v1.2 (Mac): Select the 'View' menu, then 'Make Text Bigger' or 'Make Text Smaller'. Alternatively select Command-plus sign (+) or Command-minus sign (-)
- Google Chrome from v1.0: Select the page menu at the top right, then 'Zoom', then 'Larger' or 'Smaller'. Alternatively select CTRL + + or CTRL + -. If you have a mouse wheel, simply hold down CTRL and roll the mouse wheel to alter the text size.
Portable Document Format (PDF) documents
This website includes links to PDF documents. To read a PDF document you need to have a PDF reader installed.
Download a Portable Document Format (PDF) reader from the Adobe website. If you have any difficulty displaying a PDF document, please contact us for a paper copy.
This website includes links to Word documents. If you have any difficulty opening or displaying a Word document, please contact us for a paper copy.
Colours and fonts
If you have difficulty with any colours or fonts that we have chosen, we suggest turning these off, disabling style sheets in your web browser or using your own style sheet. If your web browser supports this type of change, it can be found as follows:
- IE: Tools > Internet options > Accessibility
- Firefox: View > Page style > No style
- Opera: View > Style > User mode
- Safari (Mac): No option available
- Google Chrome: No option available