There are many options for paying your fees.
If you are an international student please see our international pages for payment methods suitable for overseas use.
For domestic payments, we offer the following:
Cash or EFTPOS
Pay in person with cash or EFTPOS. Just come to the Student Finance Office (next to the admissions counter) in the Rakaia Centre at the City campus, to the enrolments desk at the Woolston campus on Ensors Road, Student Central at the Timaru campus or Reception at the Ashburton or Oamaru campuses.
If paying by cheque, write your name, address and student ID number on the back of the cheque. Post to Ara or pay in person at the Student Finance Office in the Rakaia Centre at the City campus or the Woolston campus on Ensors Road in the Student Services Building. Ara will stop accepting cheques as a method of payment from the May 14 2021.
Major credit cards
1. You can indicate on your admission and enrolment form if you want to pay by credit card.
2. By phoning the Ara Contact Centre – it is easy to pay for your fees by credit card over the phone. All you do is:
- Phone the Contact Centre on 0800 24 24 76 and provide the full credit card details as listed above.
- Provide your full name and Student ID number.
3. By paying by credit card in person – you can pay your fees by credit card at either the City campus or Woolston campus.
If paying by student loan, please indicate this on your admission and enrolment form (whether paper–based or online).
- Important changes have been made to the student loan and allowance system. Please double check with Studylink and/or read the information provided for students on their website. You may not be eligible for a loan if you don't meet the new Studylink performance criteria, so it is important to check your eligibility.
- Apply for your student loan via the Studylink website as they administer the student loan system.
- Studylink recommends you apply for your loan as soon as possible, even if you're still deciding what you're going to study.
- Once you have applied for your loan, Studylink will send you a loan contract. You need to sign and return this contract to Studylink for your loan to go ahead.
- If you intend studying for the whole year it is advisable to enrol for both first and second semester courses at the start of the year. This will mean that you won't have to reapply for your loan (or allowance) mid–year.
- You're not eligible for a student loan if adjudged bankrupt.
- You should check the student loan process at Studylink.
If you are paying your fees by internet banking
- Go into your online banking site and pay your fees into Ara BNZ account 02–0800–0911670–003.
- Make sure you include your full name and your student ID number in the deposit details.
This is when your employer or an agency is paying your study fees. Along with your completed enrolment form, you also need to provide:
- If your employer is paying your fees a letter (or purchase order) on company letterhead guaranteeing payment of fees.
- If an acceptable agency is paying your fees, a purchase order from the agency guaranteeing payment of fees.
Training Incentive Allowance (TIA)
In some instances, course fees can be paid for by Work & Income New Zealand (WINZ). Contact WINZ for further details.
To see if you are eligible for a scholarship please contact us on 0800 24 24 76 and ask to speak to our Scholarships Officer or email email@example.com. More information about scholarships can be found on the scholarships page.