Skip to main content
To enable students to critically analyse the issues and concepts surrounding the use and administration of drugs and relate this knowledge to osteopathic health care
- Critically evaluate the legal, socio-cultural and ethical issues surrounding drug administration and use.
- Demonstrate the ability to link basic pharmacology with therapeutics.
- Integrate knowledge of anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology and pharmacology as it relates to drug therapy.
- Critically analyse drug interactions and adverse drug reactions of selected drug categories, including complementary and traditional medicines and treatments.
- Predict variations of responses to medications that can occur across the lifespan and within selected population subgroups.
Delivered as part of the following programmes