Endurance Sports Performance
To enable students to gain knowledge of the physiological, metabolic and conditioning factors for enhancing endurance sports performance.
- Evaluate how the periodisation of endurance exercise is applied to exercise prescription for enhancing endurance sports performance.
- Analyse the major metabolic pathways for skeletal muscle contraction and their utilisation during endurance exercise.
- Apply the physiological responses and training adaptations to endurance exercise.
- Evaluate how to effectively utilise recovery and nutritional practices after aerobic exercise to enhance sports performance.
- Apply physiological and aerobic fitness assessment for understanding the cardiovascular, metabolic and ventilatory factors affecting endurance sports performance.