To enable students to gain knowledge of introductory social and psychological behaviour in organisations at individual, managerial and organisational levels and be able to apply appropriate interventions in order to influence an organisation
Evaluate the causes and impact of personal and interpersonal behaviour in the workplace environment from an individual, managerial and organisational perspective, within the context of the internal and external environment.
Critically analyse the elements within the internal and external workplace environment that contribute to behaviours.
Analyse different behavioural and psychological techniques and strategies to influence and manage workplace behaviour to achieve organisational alignment.
Analyse the effects of implementing change to individuals, teams and organisations.
Delivered as part of the following programmes
- Bachelor of Applied Management (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
- Bachelor of Applied Management (Marketing and Sales)
- Bachelor of Applied Management (Strategic Management)
- Bachelor of Construction (Construction Management)
- Bachelor of Construction (Quantity Surveying)
- Graduate Certificate in Business Management
- Bachelor of Applied Management (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Applied Management (Business Information Systems)
- Bachelor of Applied Management
- Bachelor of Applied Management (Supply Chain Logistics)