Skip to main content
To introduce the principles of fluid mechanics and apply them in civil engineering hydraulic situations.
- Apply the principles of fluid statics and dynamics.
- Analyse pipelines and pipe networks.
- Analyse uniform and non-uniform open channel flow.
- Determine the operating characteristics of pumps in a rang of pipeline systems.
- Evaluate the operation and application of a range of equipment used for the measurement of fluid flow in open and closed conduits.
Delivered as part of the following programmes