Intermediate Welding - TIG
Extend your Tig welding skills for work or personal projects
Whether you’re currently working in a related trade, you’re a home handy person, or you simply wish to upskill or reskill, this course will develop and extend your capability in Gas Tungsten Arc (Tig ) welding to a level where you can undertake certification to AS/NZS2980:2018 if desired (note: this is not the certification itself).
Each of the seven evening sessions focuses on a range of welding exercises on mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium, and includes safety requirements, setting up the equipment, practical welding exercises and weld testing.
To undertake this course, you must already have completed WELD201 Introduction to Welding and Thermal Cutting, or have some prior welding experience.
Estimated hours - 21
- Demonstrate fillet welds and perform break over tests
- Demonstrate butt welding of bevelled plates
- Demonstrate destructive testing including bend tests, nick breaks and acid (etch) testing
- Complete simulated AS/NZS2980:2018 test plates in the flat (down hand), and vertival and/or overhead positions if desired
Please note: You will be charged an associated external fee (if applicable) plus a portion of the compulsory Student Services Levy that supports our services available to students. For full information on the compulsory Student Services Levy, visit fees and finance.
How to Apply
If there is a blue "View Dates & Apply" button near the top right hand of this page:
- click on the button
- select the relevant course option
- click "apply"
- fill in the online form and click "submit"
If there is no blue "View Dates & Apply" button near the top right hand of this page: